Everyone thinks that coffee table is just ….well, a coffee table. However, every part or element in interior design has its own important role. Whether you choose a wooden coffee table or a metal one, different results, effects, and ambiance will be reflected there. The same thing also happens to Lucite coffee table. There are unspoken rules and tips about this type of coffee table that you can use for your own interior décor benefits.
You may think that Lucite coffee table is just the same as the others, but from the shape and structure alone, you can see that it is totally different. Lucite table is basically an acrylic table with simple structure and transparent feature. Some people call it plastic-y, but you won’t think that it is plastic if you truly understand the structure and element of the acrylic.
Here are some basic benefits that you can gain from having a Lucite coffee table at home:
- This kind of table is perfect for small apartment or living room. Thanks to its transparent characteristics, you can have free viewing access from different points of views and angles. In some modern Lucite table, the table is thicker and sturdier and yet somewhat it is more glasslike and more transparent. When you place it in your small and cramped living room, it will look like as if there weren’t any coffee table at all. It delivers an air of freedom and deliberation for the total feel of your living room.
- The table comes with very basic and simple structure, and yet it is highly stylish and contemporary. The Lucite table generally comes with two solid and thick wide legs with a flat surface. All of the parts are transparent. It is that simple, but it will look great when paired up with modern or contemporary theme.
- Today’s Lucite table comes with various hues that will add characteristics and style into the table. You can find a table with slight greenish hue or even pinkish one, matching it up with your room décor.
- Lucite table can come with additional storage spots like extra sleeves on the legs for magazines or newspapers. In case you have extra budgets, you can always have a custom made Lucite table with as many additional storage spots for your needs.
Choosing the right Lucite table isn’t difficult, but you need to spend extra times in your attempts and not rush things. There are some handy tips that you can try before purchasing one:
- Consider the size. You should take a look at your living room – measure it, if necessary. Make sure to buy the right size of table. Choosing a too big table for your small room will make it odd, and vice versa.
- Consider the layout and the space between furniture. Once you have chosen a table, make sure that you have enough space to move freely. Your knees shouldn’t bump here and there; that’s for sure.
- Consider the structure and strength. You want a table that is long lasting and solid enough, so make sure that you get the right one.